Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where does the time go....

Tonight I went to a preschool graduation for my grandson....where does the time go. I remember being with my daughter when she brought this beautiful boy into the world and I thought then how handsome he is. Now he will be starting kindergarten in the fall and I am amazed at how fast the last five years went. Before I know it he will also be like my first grandson graduating from high school and going off to college in the fall.

 There was a time in my life where I just couldn't wait for certain era's to pass.....what a mistake that was. As I stop to contemplate the past and the time gone by I consider those era's and think how I could have cherished each moment a little more. Maybe its normal as a younger person to be in a hurry to see what the future holds, but as I have matured (notice I didn't say as I got old lol) I have learned to appreciate each day and all it has in store. To appreciate all the little things in life and to thank God each day for all of them. I wish for all  my days to be longer, my weeks to have more days in them, my months to not turn into another so fast and for my years to not go by so quickly.

In Church last Sunday our lay speaker told a scenario that goes something like this: If you had 5 things that you truly cherished and spent all your time on, now two of them were taken away you would be left with just the three, time would still go on. Now two more were taken away and your were left with one, time still goes on. This last one thing is it really important enough to spend all your time on, like the other four it could be taken away very easily and time would go on. Think about what you devote your time to, is it that important? Maybe we all could take a look at our priorities and do a little adjusting.  Food for thought: How many years will you spend here on earth?  maybe 90 -110......How about after life? Will it not last so much longer?

Now I am sure I didn't tell that as gracefully as our lay speaker did but I think you get the idea he was trying to get across.

I am going to enjoy what is left of the evening, get a good nights rest, and be off to work in the morning. I am also going  to spend a day with that new little "kindergartner" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...