Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Love Flowers

Rock Cress
I am so very thankful to God for these marvelous creations He has given us to enjoy. The beauty is astounding. To be able to have the dirt, the rain, the sunshine and the able body to grow some of these beautiful wonders is such a blessing. Each day I take time to enjoy my garden, just to sit and look at the blooms and listen to the birds is time spent well. As I post pictures of some of my flowers, its not in boasting but in sharing.All the glory goes to our creator.  I also like to see how others display their God given talent of gardening, it is an inspiration to me. So I am hoping maybe in sharing, you might see a flower you like that would just fill that perfect spot in your garden.
My day lilies are all blooming right now and I just love all the color combos. Each year I look for different ones to add to my collection.

An intense orange, perfectly shaped.

Peach with a little yellow highlight in the center, with a beautiful ruffle.

A double delight.

Simple fantastic.

I like the dark color in the center leading out to the bright yellow.

Nice soft lemon color.

So elegant, the contrasting colors on this is gorgeous.

This is one of my favorites.

This is another one of my favorites.

The little ruffle on the edge of this one is darling.

I love the dark color of this one, very intense.

Yes I have included some of those day lilies you find along the road in my flower garden. As common as they are, they are still beautiful to me.

Although you can't tell from the photo, the blossoms on this plant are hugh.

Another nice color combo with a ruffle.

My cone flowers are just beginning to open up. A couple years ago I added them to my garden and last year they put on a little show. This year is looking much better, I even have some babies from last years seeds coming along.



These last picture maybe straw flowers or a strain of black eyed susans, not sure. But they sure are pretty. I also have some pinks coming along and another plant I'm not sure of the color yet. I am hoping in a year or so to have many more of these beautiful flowers. I am also hoping in time to be able to have some cut flowers from them without taking away from the beauty of the garden. One of the hardest things for me is patience, I want my garden to be full and rich now.
This bee balm has always put on a big show for me. My sister gave me some purple bee balm but its not quite open yet. I love to watch the humming moths work this over.

Ah a rose, I have never had good luck with roses before in other flower beds in previous homes. But I thought I would try it here at this house, I'm guessing they like this spot. This is a bush that I planted last year along a fence and it bloomed nicely last year but this year is even better. I am excited to watch it grow and some day cover my fence.

This yucca plant has been moved several times. I had received a slip from my sister when she lived in West Virginia and it grew ok at the other house. I was a little worried about moving it here and the last two years I thought maybe I had planted it in the wrong spot. But as you can see its doing very well this year.

I only have this one delphinium, but I sure do think its beautiful. Maybe in future shopping trips I will look for more varieties.

Before we started the porch I had a nice clump of canna's that I dug up. I didn't get them back in the ground right away so I wasn't sure if it would bloom this year, guess I was underestimating the plant. I planted a row of them along the front of my porch and I have several blooms, I am pleased.

Sweet peas, one of my favorite flowers. (wow, it seems I have many favorites lol) I kept seeing these flowers along side the road in my travels and thought I just had to get some. On my sister's and my shopping trip to Ohio last year I was thrilled when I seen some. I just about jumped out of my skin, so I bought two and they look wonderful along my front fences.

A close up of the sweet pea.

My sister asked me last year if I had seen any hyacinth bean seeds, and I said no I don't even know what they are. Well since she put the seed in my brain :) I started looking. Last year I did find some seeds but didn't get them going. This year when I was down visiting her, I found a plant already started, and look it even has some purple bean pods on it. The flowers remind me a little of the sweet peas.
This is a new plant for me this year. I didn't have any daisies so when I found this butter cream one  I knew I had to add it to my collection.

Well that's what blooming in my garden this week, I would love to see what's blooming in yours. Send me a link. Take care and to God be the glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...